Let me tell you about Foodie Penpals, something I participated in for the first time this month. Started by Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean, here’s how it works:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. It was determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
- If you’re interested in participating for June, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by June 4th as pairings will be emailed on June 5th!
My penpal was Maggie, who just started her own blog. Stop over and say hello to her!
She was an awesome Foodie Penpal and sent a fantastic package of goodies to sift through. Let’s take a look:
I’m really excited to try the Seafood Boil and Grits! The granola is next on my immediate list, and the tea sampler has made for some fantastic iced tea. There were also two other items in the package that didn’t make it to the group photo because I ate them too fast.
I picked up the package from the post office on a day I had packed a scarce lunch, so these snacks were a God send that day!
I was a penpal for Lisa, and I had a blast shopping for items to send to her. Check out Lisa’s reveal post to see what I included.
I think that is one of the things that is most fun about this program; you are paired up with someone and someone different sends to you. It opens you up to many different people in the blogging community which is always fabulous!